Date, Time, and Location
Friday July 22nd
2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Charleston Main Library (Downtown) Auditorium
An exciting afternoon panel discussion on how community practitioners and system stakeholders can partner to develop alternative to incarceration and suspension programs for Charleston youth.
Join speakers from the Charleston County School District, the Richland County Public Defenders Office, and Girls Rock Charleston in conversation with Executive Director Ruben Austria and youth leaders from Community Connections for Youth, a New York-based nonprofit organization that develops community-driven alternative to incarceration! Speakers will engage in discussion about how system and community stakeholders can work together to reduce suspension rates, keep kids in school, and out of the criminal justice system.
- Ruben Austria, Executive Director at Community Connections for Youth (Bronx New York)
- Crystalie Romero and Shaniqua West, Youth Leaders at Community Connections for Youth
- Terrell Pinckney
- Jennifer Coker, Director of Alternative Programs at Charleston County School District
- Aleksandra Chauhan, Ph.D., JD., Assistant Public Defender, Richland County
- Micah Blaise and Anjali Naik, Girls Rock Charleston